You have heard a penny saved is a penny earned. I believe this is very true and we live this in our spending lifestyle using coupons.
- Do not buy it if you don’t need it.
- Do not buy it if it will spoil before you use it
- Do not buy it if you don’t have a coupon for it !!!
- Research sales on line before the sales papers are mailed out. Know before you go.
- Get coupons from coupons.com
- Use your store loyalty card so their computer will know if you have “bonus bucks” or “loyalty rewards” when paying.
- Some stores have apps where they offer preferred coupons, or do cost comparison price matching.
Many of my friends get frustrated and give up because they find that they spend more. But what really happens is they get in there and do impulse purchases and don’t save as much as they could have.
Quite often I have shopped using my plan and make a profit on buying only the items on sale, and using a coupon to make it free, and get bonus bucks back on my purchases.
Here are some sites that I use on a daily basis to help me save thousands of dollars on products that we use every day. My receipt from CVS gives me my total savings for the year and for 2014 I saved $1,330.00 on products that we use everyday. This consisted of razors, shaving creams, paper products, hair spray, toothpaste, tooth brushes, deodorant, shampoo, soap, washing detergent, etc. All items that we use daily.
These are just a few of the hundreds of couponing sites out there, but they are some of my favorites.
This is my favorite store to save and gives me the most bang for my buck. It is also the least complicated of all the drug stores to shop at.
These are the best steps to get started.
- Sign up for a Customer Care Card
- Register your Customer Care Card online
- Go on line to cvs.com and create you an account
- Sign up for the following:
- Prescriptions – When you fill 10 prescriptions you get a $5.00 coupon to use on your next purchase
- Beauty Products – When you spend $50.00 on make-up you get a $5.00 coupon to use on your next purchase
- Minute Clinic – You occasionally get coupons from this also
- Always always scan your customer care card at the little Red machine. There are tons of coupons to use every week.
- They also have manufactures coupons posted online to help you save more money.
- You may use one manufactures coupon and all the CVS coupons that you have.
- Every quarter of the year you will receive coupons according to how much you have spent during the quarter. I’ve gotten up the $10.00 according to how much I’ve spent.
Never ever pay for toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, and most of the time shampoo and hairspray. These products can usually always be free if you learn to use your coupons right.